POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visible Light Rays : Re: Visible Light Rays Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visible Light Rays
From: Chris Friedl
Date: 18 Jun 2002 08:17:10
Message: <3d0f24c6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Bob

first of all thanks for the welcome. Only just beginning to discover the
world of Povray, even though I was aware of it for years. I've been stunned
by some of the awesome things people are doing with it that I've seen posted
in pbi and pba.

Thanks also for all the clues. I will certainly play with what you have
suggested because, as I'm new, I'm sure what I visualise in my mind will
take some hard work to get down into graphic bits and bytes. Not too scared
about the maths ... the scariest part is trying to remember what I learned
so long ago.

One other question related to pulsating (thought of this whilst watching
Spider-man at the movies tonight .... awesome movie) - is there a random
function that I could hook into the clock variable so that the pulsating
rays randonly got brighter/darker as the animation progressed? The Columbia
Pictures Lady with the shining torch who introduces so many movies got me
thinking because here torch shines variable brightness and variable
placement beams of light kind of like what I was imagining.

And, yes, I wouldn't mind any example code you could send my way. I find
disecting code a good way to learn basic ideas.

Be Well and Happy Always

Chris